Sunday, July 11, 2010

Week 2 Action Research Reflection

In listening to Dr. Lewis I learned that before changing the curriculum for a district is that you may want to do action research. In theri case, The Gates Foudation was in place to help with the research. Administrators and teachers were able to look at the data to see how they could change the curriculum and apply effective instructional strategies for student success. I understand that action reseach will play a role in my professional career and that when looking at data, I need to make sure that it is revelant to my school's situation. By having an interest in a topic would help me to be more focused on the outcome when doing action research. As an administrator I would need to make sure that my staff is trained in disaggregating data and look to see how it is practical for my students.

3 comments:

  1. I think it is important for schools to conduct action research prior to changing curriculum. My school recently changed curriculums and has changed to yet another all in under a years time. I believe that it is also crucial to look at data. As a person who was shoved data I now have a better understanding of its usefulness. great job on your blog. feel free to visit mine. http://misssavoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disaggregation of data is in every conversation in Pasadena ISD. Dr. Lewis has helped us view the importance of looking at the data to help make instructional decisions for our students. Amazingly, this is difficult for many teachers to embrace but they are beginning to see the true benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for your comments. It is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete